As a Document Checker you will be responsible for:
- Review all discrepancies and escalate/discuss for a decision with Line Manager
- Ability to identify discrepancies in documents in order for 1st, 2nd and 3rd check of documents.
- Ability to recognise Red Flags under all Trade Products
- Refer vessel checks and L/C details for approval through Compliance Link
- Ensure Anti-Money Laundering Guidelines are strictly followed and doubtful transactions are promptly escalated to Line Manager
- Processing compliant and/or discrepant documents
- Acting as a technical reference point for the team across all Trade Products
- Comply with the FCA/PRA's Individual Conduct Rules, as outlined below
- Advising of letters of Credit
- Knowledge of reimbursement claim
- Knowledge of trade payments
- Knowledge of transferable letters of credit, back to back LC and guarantees
As a Document Checker you will need:
- Knowledge of checking documents under: Import, Export, Back to Back, Transferable, Commodity and Standby L/C's.
- An excellent current working knowledge of all ICC Rules relating to Documentary Credits, Collections and Guarantees
- Knowledge of Terrorist Financing and Sanction Regulations.
- Must be confident in dealing directly with beneficiaries and other banks in technical documentary credit matters and possess a good telephone manner.
- Good understanding of UCP, URDG, ISBP, URC and URR
- System knowledge: Outlook, T24, SWIFT, MS Office (word, excel) Datastore, Accuity, Lloyds List Intelligence