£0.00 - £16.75 per hour
4 months ago
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Events Officer co-ordinator to work for this prestigious public services company. You will be supporting the delivery of a prestigious events programme and work as part of a team delivering some of London's most exciting and high-profile live public events.
The Events Programme:
* includes over 40 events,
* engages with an audience of over 3 million people
* features collaborations with over 50 event partners
* generates an estimated economic impact of £45m
1. Support the co-ordination of a programme of Events, campaigns, initiatives and other activities in line with objectives.
2. Project management support for specific events and initiatives, working with colleagues across the group and organisation
3. Support the Senior Event Officers to deliver the events programme, including supporting in briefings, decision documents, new cultural campaigns and other community initiatives in London, in line with the Mayor's strategies and community engagement policy and priorities.
4. Monitor and evaluate project objectives and ensure appropriate action in line with the decisions of the Mayor.
5. Contribute to procurement activities.
6. Support and work to Senior Events Officer, Senior Manager, Events and Commercial and Event Manager with diary tasks, administration tasks, and preparing documents.
Previous experience with successful track record of strong administration and project support within an event management environment
Previously some experience of operation and delivery of events, in managing relationships, contractors, and London's diverse communities.
Strong written and oral communication skills are a must.
Knowledge of legislation relating to the Events Industry and the management of the public realm would be beneficial.
Excellent communication skills
Hourly Pay Rate: £16.75
Duration: 6 months
Location: London SE1