City of London, London
£300 - £301 per day
3 months ago
Our Client is a leading independent global asset manager, dedicated to delivering the best outcomes for clients through a highly diversified range of actively-managed products.
We support our individual and institutional investors across a range of products, encompassing equities, fixed income, multi-asset and alternatives.
They foster a culture that ensures their employees love the place they work.
The position is to provide cover for a period of six months. The role is responsible for the accurate posting and control of expenses and balance sheet for various UK and Europe entities. The role therefore requires a detailed understanding of the underlying transactions. It involves liaising with other teams and regular problem solving.
- Monthly P&L variance analysis
- Maintaining and analysing the fixed asset register, including posting of depreciation for UK and European entities
- Recharging costs to projects, plus the capitalisation and amortisation of any intangibles created as a result
- Working with other teams to clarify correct accruals and resolve queries.
- Quarterly legal entity reviews
- Ensure the prepayment policy is followed including reconciliation of the prepayment balance sheet accounts for UK and European entities
- Monthly expense accruals for the UK and European entities, including areas such as: investment administration, marketing IT, legal, office costs & research
- Quarterly VAT clear down for UK and European entities
- Completion of quarterly Office of National Statistic forms for the UK VAT Group Monthly balance sheet reconciliations for various entities including the main UK service company
- A fully Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Experience with SOX is a big plus
- Previous Experience working in a Global Organisation
- Excellent attention to detail and results driven approach
- Ability to get up to speed quickly
- Enthusiasm to take time to understand the area and its requirements
- Ability to meet deadlines, for example at month end
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and work with the team, especially important given the regular interaction with various departments
- Ability to analyse data and provide relevant financial insight
If this role is right for you then please Apply Now. Only fully qualified Candidates will be considered.