City of London, London
£12 - £14 per hour
3 months ago
Premises Assistant - Temp - £12.00 -14.00 per hour
Our client who is an independent Private School is looking for a Premises Assistant to assist the Facilities Manager in providing support to the life of the School in all its many non-teaching aspects with particular emphasis on pottering, maintenance, security of the school buildings & other assets. To maintain the site to ensure the health & safety and wellbeing of all pupils, staff and visitors.
The post of premises Assistant will involve carrying out all duties and will include both school keeping and maintenance responsibilities, these roles will be interchangeable depending on the school's needs.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- To observe security measures throughout the school
- To ensure that all access routes and emergency exits are kept clear at all times and making sure that all common areas of the school including cloakrooms are clear of clutter and any items are moved to the lost property bins
- To carry personal radios, duty phones and keys at all times and to provide instant term time-time availability to react to the unexpected or planned work including during lunch break
- To maintain store rooms in a safe and efficent manor including the on-site archive
- Undertaking minor DIY such as the provision of new shelving, furniture assembly/minor repairs, fitting notice boards, painting & decorating and changing of lamps
- To carry out administrative tasks including photocopying and the replenishing of paper supplies, internal messaging and finding students
- To act as fire stewards in the event of emergency evacuation or practice drill advising staff and pupils of correct procedures and being aware of all emergency procedures in place
SCHOOL KEEPING RESPONSIBILITIES
- To lock and unlock the school building including the activation and deactivation of the buildings security systems, to allow access to the school buildings when on duty as Duty Premises Assistant and to participate in the manning of Reception and the booking in of visitors and contractors
- To monitor cleaning contractors and advise the Facilities Manager of any unsatisfactory standards
- Undertake mail deliveries within the school and Corporation and to accept and receipt, store and distribute all deliveries
- Undertake grounds work as required including weeding, empting external bins and keeping external areas clean and tidy.
- First line maintenance and repair of school buildings, equipment, furniture and fittings and carrying out routine maintenance tasks as issued by the Facilities Manager
- To carry out minor repairs to plumbing and electrical fittings.
- To carry out maintenance of the swimming pool (for which specialist training will be provided)
- To act as a keyholder for callout in emergencies or other circumstances outside normal working hours throughout the year with arrival on site within one hour
- To undertake and document weekly compliance checks to the fire system, including; weekly alarm testing, emergency lighting, fire door register, fire exstingusher, fire blanket check and lift alarm checks.
HEALTH & SAFETY & WELFARE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Notify all accidents and hazards to the Facilities Manager without delay and to inform the Facilities Manager of any concerns regarding Health & Safety and safe working practices and to attend mandatory and courses relevant to professional development.
The ideal Candidate will be DBS checked and have worked for a school or colleague previously. There is a strict Shift pattern to be followed:
Early Shift 05:30 - 14:00 inclusive of 1 hour unpaid lunch break
Late Shift 11:00 - 19:30 inclusive of 1 hour unpaid lunch break