City of London, London
£35000 - £38000 per annum
5 months ago
Start-up Financial Services business based in Central London have an exciting opportunity for a Finalist (or Newly Qualified Accountant) to join a growing business in a very rounded position that offers good potential to grow.
You will be accountable for a variety of tasks across finance including management and financial accounts, analysis and systems implementations. You will be second hire in finance.
- Ownership of monthly management accounts
- Assist in preparing financial statements
- Monthly period end close process including preparation of regular month end journals and reconciliations
- Monitoring cashflow
- Provide assistance with quarterly regulatory reporting and client money reconciliations
- Provide assistance in the forecasting and planning process, including
- Liaising with auditors at year end
- Ad hoc analysis including trend analysis and market analysis on excel
- Systems - improvements to newly implemented system
- Process improvements and creating efficiency
- Set up of finance processes
This position is very progressive and they are looking for someone who is keen to drive their career forward and qualify soon and obtain post qualified experience.
Our client will consider applicants from any industry sector including practice as long as you can demonstrate a range of experience and good level of Excel (pivot tables, v-look ups). You must be willing to work in a smaller office and team as this is a start up. Initiative will be key. You must be a Finalist or Newly Qualified Accountant with a strong academic background and analytical skills.