Up to £60000 per annum
14 days ago
Our client a leading British footwear and clothing brand are looking for a Global Logistics Finance Analyst to join the London team
You will be a key part of the Global Supply Chain Finance team responsible for forecasting, reporting and analysis of all logistics costs. Focus will be to partner with Supply Chain teams in both the Regions and Group on variance analysis vs. standards and provide actionable insights to drive savings and enable growth. Also support on all Logistics project related to cost savings and enabling growth for business.
Budgeting & Forecasting
- Build the bottom-up budget for logistics
- Rolling forecast of spend for the financial year vs standards
- Forecast five year spend to highlight any risks / opportunities vs. standards
- Calculate the standard cost for the financial year for logistics. This will require detailed analysis, utilising appropriate data sets across multiple data sources.
- Partner with key stakeholders to ensure their inputs are included in standards setting.
Monthly Reporting & Business Partnering
- Oversee the month end for Global Logistics ensuring accruals are accurate and posted on time.
- Liaise with external suppliers to ensure timely submission of data for calculation of accruals.
- Analyse variance vs. standards and provide commentary with actionable insights to drive cost savings.
- Partner with Group finance and Regional teams to ensure accurate and timely reporting inc. preparation of Monthly Management Reporting Pack.
Cost Savings/ Projects
- Understand all contracts and rates for all suppliers in Global Logistics.
- Query any charges which are not in line with contract.
- Partner with Supply Chain team and provide cost analysis on any new logistics contract- 3PL tenders, inbound, outbound shipping.
- Qualified accountant (ACCA / CIMA / ACA) or international equivalent with experience of standard costing preferably within a multi-channel, international business.
- Experience of undertaking detailed and complex analysis using large data sets.
- Advanced knowledge of excel with ability to use macros.
- Experience using excel power queries and excel application development using VBA routines.
- Exposure to Finance systems at an operational level - ideally D365, but not essential, with experience creating and uploading journals as part of month end reporting process
- Ability to marry financial and non-financial data to get behind the numbers to identify key drivers of performance.
- Strong visual presentation skills to enable trends generated from complex data sets to be clearly communicated to both finance and non-finance colleagues.
- Proven ability working in a fast-moving environment to agreed deadlines that may require a rapid turnaround.
- Manage, develop and coach direct reports to reach their full potential.