Up to £400 per week
NM - FM 1_1560934510
5 months ago
The Group requires a Finance Manager for their Finance department working across the entire business. The primary objective of the role is to support the Finance team in ensuring that the Group's monthly financial position and performance is accurately reported in line with reporting deadlines. The role has four direct reports and oversees their training and development.
This role will provide the successful candidate with opportunities to gain broad and valuable experience within the finance function and is likely to offer progression opportunities. The role will challenge the breadth of the candidate's competencies ranging from technical skills to softer communication skills.
- Assist the Head of Management Accounts with the Group's month end close processes.
- Work closely with senior management in developing the reporting processes, controls, and systems.
- Review of month end balance sheet reconciliations and control accounts across the Group.
- Support the preparation of relevant and timely financial information to the Executive Board and Senior Leadership Team to enable a balanced and objective assessment of the Group's strategy and objectives.
- Ensure that meaningful and accurate variance analysis is delivered on a monthly basis to assist stakeholders in better understanding the performance of the business.
- Support the wider business in all areas of operational finance to ensure that the needs of the business are met at all times.
- Managing day to day operational relationships within the team.
- Assist in maintaining and improving internal controls to ensure compliance with the Group's accounting policies.
- Assist with external audit queries and year-end processes.
- Assist the Head of Management Accounts and Group Financial Controller in all ad hoc projects as necessary.
Experience and Skills Required
- Big 4 ACA Qualified Accountant with 1-2 years of post-qualified. Newly qualified candidates will be considered.
- Previous line management experience and a background in developing staff.