City of London, London
£55000 - £60000 per annum
10 months ago
Finance Manager for a division of a large business based in Central London. This opportunity looks after a team of 3 and therefore includes 1-2-1's, appraisal and reviewing work. The main purpose of the role is to ensure timely & accurate financial reporting for 30+ Group companies. Therefore your team is responsible for the bookkeeping & payment authorisation; monthly results reporting, monthly consolidation, preparation of statutory financial statements, tax filing (corporate income tax & VAT) and co-ordination of external audit.
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Prepare management accounts in accordance with group accounting rules and deadlines.
* Prepare quarterly disclosure information for consolidation reporting.
* Liaise with external auditors to plan & co-ordinate audits for each company.
* Approve payments for release.
* Review & approve monthly bank reconciliations.
* Co-ordinate preparation of statutory financial statements for UK entities and provide technical support & guidance.
* Review VAT Returns and Corporation Tax Returns for UK entities.
* Liaise with internal corporate departments (Treasury, IT, Investment, Tax, etc) in order to anticipate & resolve problems.
* Continually apply and review accounting treatments under Local GAAP & IFRS.
* Provide support for new Group companies to set up proper Accounting & Controls Framework.
* Assist in any necessary change/development of the accounting system & treasury system.
- Review and approve all entries made by the team
- Approval of expenses
- Ensure team members have correct knowledge and skill to carry out their role
- Manage staff resources to ensure achievement of business requirements
- Appraisal performance review for staff
You will be educated to degree level and either be Qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) or you can be Qualified by Experience. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must. You will also be self-driven, flexible and adaptable. MS Dynamics is desirable but not essential.