£350 - £375 per day
4 months ago
A fantastic opportunity is available for a hands-on Finance Manager to join a Media company in a vital period of growth. The right candidate will have experience leading and moving a business forward in the right direction, with the support of your team of 4 direct reports.
- Lead the overall month end process to ensure deadlines are met and the accounts are prepared to a high standard.
- Prepare payroll journal from third party payroll providers,
- Oversee and ensure the completion by you and your direct report of a large suite of balance sheet reconciliations to an auditable standard and perform overall review of balance sheet.
- Line manage one direct report.
- Prepare the UK group and individual VAT returns on time each quarter, and review with the Financial Controller.
- Work with the tax manager to prepare required information for international branch compliance.
- Drive improved balance sheet control to raise the quality of reconciliations, simplify the process, and embed accountability with appropriate members of the finance team.
- Implement and maintain accounting policy manual and procedures. Work with team to ensure visibility and compliance of these procedures.
- Continually challenge the way we do things - look for improvements to processes, increasing efficiencies and raise the awareness of potential challenges as they are identified.
- Proactively seek to identify control deficiencies and drive implantation of solutions.
- Provide internal and external audit assistance.
- Other adhoc projects as required
The successful candidate will be fully qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with proven relevant experience and Media experience. You will have strong inter personal skills and have the ability to partner and influence. Must be excellent with Excel.