City of London, London
about 1 month ago
Investment Management business are seeking to hire a Finance Manager to take day to day responsibility for a team of four part qualified accountants. The role will initially focus on improving processes and controls. Longer term further change management will continue on an ongoing basis. You will also be responsible for consolidating the management accounts and working with auditors. The role is based in the City.
The business is seeking an ACA Qualified Accountant with an audit background who has then stepped into industry. You will have proven management experience and a desire to learn, develop and progress.
The key aspects of the role:
- Work closely with the Financial Controller and CFO to enhance levels of automation and efficiency across the department, while maintaining a strong control environment.
- Assisting in the preparation of detailed departmental management accounts
- Assisting with the annual budgeting process
- Assisting with the half and year end accounts preparation including liaising with auditors
- Oversight and coaching of four junior team members
- Processing certain aspects of the sales ledger, creating/ approving journals, banking, FX and money market fund approvals, VAT returns
- Acting as an alternate for the Investment Accountant to produce weekly NAV statements for publishing to the market
- A flexible approach to other ad hoc requirements within a busy department
To be selected you must be ACA qualified, preferably with a big four background and at least three years PQE. You will need experience of assessing and shaping a financial control environment and be an independent thinker and problem solver.