City of London, London
£45000 - £50000 per annum
4 months ago
Newly Qualified Financial Accountant
Fluent German & French Speaker Wanted
Our client, a globally recognised FMCG company based in West London are looking to add a newly qualified Financial Accountant to their fun and dynamic finance team.
The role is responsible for providing assistance to the Reporting and Analysis Manager with the consolidation and preparation of all internal and external reporting obligations. The position will also assist in developing financial accounting and compliance functions within the Business Management framework.
The successful candidate will be a qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CA/CA ANZ who will be comfortable in delivering sound and accurate advice to a wide variety of stakeholders. You will be committed to a mindset of continuous improvement and have strong analytical and reporting skills.
Day to day responsibilities of your new role will include:
Management & Financial Reporting
- Prepare, analysis and review consolidated monthly, quarterly and yearly results and variances with Internal Accounting
- Develops and maintains various accounting systems and processes necessary to produce monthly management accounts in accordance with US GAAP for assigned P&L and Balance Sheet responsibilities, ensuring accuracy and completeness. Recommends and implements ideas and innovations to improve upon existing processes.
- Prepare and review balance sheet reconciliations;
- May produce required statutory accounts and supporting schedules as assigned. Must have knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS.
- Prepare / review work papers and support to process month-end journals
- Delegate tasks and manage responsibilities as required;
- Updates job knowledge by keeping current with financial regulations and accepted practices; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organisations.
What we're looking for in a candidate:
- Accounting experience in a large, multi- site operation, preparing financial statements with relevant entries and supporting schedules
- Knowledge of US and UK GAAP, and IFRS accounting standards
- Knowledge of SOX and internal controls#
- Experience working in a similar role
- Ability to work autonomously with limited supervision
- Ability to manage multiple and concurrent tasks which may have competing priorities.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships;
- Experience working with large ERP accounting and reporting system; Oracle and HFM preferred.
- High level of numeracy skills, computer literacy, attention to detail and superior analysis ability.
- ACA/CA/CA ANZ/CIMA / ACCA qualified with at least 2 year's post qualified experience.
What's in it for you?
Being part of our team means the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company and the chance to further develop your skills and abilities. Our company recognises and rewards hard-work through a range of initiatives and incentives. We also offer career development and mentoring programs to help you further your career with us.
You will receive an excellent salary and you will get the opportunity to work alongside some of the best and brightest in the industry.