City of London, London
£50000 - £55000 per annum
2 months ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a recently qualified accountant to join a leading FX firm in the heart of London.
The business is going through a period of significant growth and development. This role is being recruited to strengthen the finance team and support improvements in business processes.
The candidate should enjoy a fast-paced and evolving working environment. There is significant regulatory oversight of the group, the candidate will be key in liaising and providing accurate information to regulatory bodies and external auditors.
Office based role. Open plan environment, in a recently refurbished space. Normal working hours are 8:00 - 5:00 with an hour for lunch.
- Assist in compiling the monthly management accounts - posting monthly journals relating to interest, tax and intercompany recharges.
- Conduct departmental cost analysis.
- Assist with VAT compliance.
- Assist with Corporation tax compliance and prepare tax computations on Alphatax software.
- Compile and provide initial analysis of the monthly P&L.
- Complete tax analysis reports.
- The development and maintenance of finance policies and procedures.
- To assist with audit deliverables.
- Extract and manipulate data from the group's trading platform for management information purposes and preparing the monthly import into the accounting system.
- To analyse and review the trading balance sheet for monthly changes and potential errors.
- To conduct reconciliations between third party statements, the trading platform and accounting system.
- To conduct reconciliations between client balances and the trading platform data.
- Recently qualified ACA or ACCA accountant
- Either practice experience based in accounts preparation and tax compliance, or industry experience within the financial services sector
- Experience of accounting under Internal Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Foreign exchange experience preferable. Commodity, brokerage, or equity trading experience suitable
- Experience with the following accounting software desirable; SAGE 200, Caseware and Alphatax
- Desire to learn and help lead change
- Resilient and capable of working to strict deadlines
- Adept communicator