West London, London
£150 - £170 per day
AF - FA - 297409_1540192501
5 months ago
3 months +
29th October 2018
The UK Financial Accountant reports to the UK Financial controller and is responsible for a variety of tasks in the UK Financial Control team including the UK month end reporting, managing the Accounts payable process, statutory compliance and adhoc projects. It is a key role in ensuring the UK finance team performs to the required level on local issues and also supports the Senior Director of Finance in relation the group finance objectives. As the UK and Corporate side of the business is growing quickly the role will require adaptability as it will change in line with business requirements.
- Booking all required journals to close the ledgers for month-end
- Preparing balance sheet reconciliations for all material balances and prepare analysis of movements in the month.
- Regular review of the fixed asset register is carried out to ensure all assets are verifiable and accounted for correctly.
- To ensure all P&L bookings are correct in terms of the general ledger and streams. This will involve performing analytical review on monthly and year-to-date movements.
- To ensure all FX movements in the ledger are correctly calculated and explained.
- Control of the UK and Corporate companies intercompany reconciliation process. This includes understanding the UK requirements for reporting of the transfer pricing.
- To support the UK FC in any other analysis required to complete month-end.
- Guiding the accounts assistant to ensure all invoices and expense claims are processed, coded and settled in a timely manner. This includes ensuring sufficient supplier reconciliations performed to know what is outstanding and tracking all invoices.
- Dealing with any more difficult supplier issues and assisting with implementing improvements in accounts payable processes.
- Helping ensure appropriate training on expenses is carried out for all new employees and regular refresher training where considered necessary.
- Supporting the revenue billing and accounts receivable processes
- Cash flow modelling and analysis in addition to managing the weekly payment runs to ensure the cash position of the UK companies are optimized.
To help manage the cash and working capital position:-
To assist the UK Financial controller in meeting the statutory compliance requirements of the UK business including:-
- Ensuring the UK Company's filings with companies' house are completed when required.
- Preparing and filing the VAT quarterly returns and ensuring sufficient back is prepared.
- Working with HR to ensure all payroll and benefits related taxes and regulations are complied with in line with SAO rules.
- Working with PwC to complete the annual tax returns are prepared.
- Controlling UK National Statistics submissions.
- Helping prepare the year-end audit schedules and playing a key role in dealing with the auditors.
- Helping draft the year-end statutory financial statements for the UK entities which are prepared under IFRS.
- Assisting the UK FC and Group Accountant on the group audit in terms of helping to prepare the UK submission of the Group reporting pack, providing analysis relating to the UK required by the Group auditors and helping draft Group financial statements where knowledge UK reporting regulations is required.
- Assisting on tax restructuring projects such as transfer pricing, ATCA and shareholder repayments where impacts the UK and Corporate structure.
- Working with the FPA team to improve the cost performance of the UK business.
- Work on the Group accounting policies manual project.
- Assisting the UK FC to work on the controls, procedures, reporting and customer SLA to ensure the team continues to improve and develop as the UK part of the business continues to grow.
- Business partnering with other streams in the UK to improve processes and cost control.
- Working with other finance territories to improve the efficiency of the streams performance and implement matrix management.
- Must be a part qualified accountant either with a recognised qualification or qualified by experience.
- Must have a number of year's practical accounting experience in a fast changing environment.
- Must have excel skills to an intermediate level.
- Must have good time management skills and be able to manage their work load in a fast changing environment.
- Must have a confident manner and good communication skills for dealing with both finance and non-finance