City of London, London
£60000 - £70000 per annum + bonus & benefits
5 months ago
Financial Services business based in the City require a Qualified ACA Accountant for a technical accounting role.
Our client seeks an ambitious newly qualified to assist the current team. You must be either be an ACA from Practice or have qualified in Financial Services within Financial Accounting.
- Assist with the preparation and production of the Annual and Interim Report and Accounts under IFRS:
- Updating accounting policies
- Assisting with the preparation of the consolidated group financial statements
- Liaise with various stakeholders including investor relations, corporate accounting, human resources and legal teams
- Working with the external auditors on technical issues relating to Annual and Interim Report and Accounts
- Preparation of certain legal entity financial statements within the team
- Prepare technical accounting papers under IFRS
- Responsibility for the impact assessment and implementation of new accounting standards
- Provide technical updates to the wider finance team
- Provide technical support to the consolidation accountant and assist in the consolidation process
- Ad-hoc projects
You will be ACA Qualified from Practice or ACCA/CIMA with Financial Services experience ideally Asset Management. You will have a desire to improve process and controls and be passionate about a career in financial accounting. Strong MS Excel skills and working experience of UK GAAP and/or IFRS are ideal.
A great role especially if you are looking to progress towards FC, FD and CFO in the future.