£40000 - £42000 per annum
6 months ago
To work with and support the Financial Controller to manage the accounting and reporting activities of the Insurance Accounting Team (who are based both in London and the company's Global Shared Services Centre (GSSC) located in Cebu, Philippines) ensuring the completeness, accuracy and consistency of underlying financial data. The role holder will ensure key financial numbers are collated and reported which will necessitate liaison with external parties and internal stakeholders.
Our client is supportive and interesting and one of the world's top 20 general insurance and reinsurance companies, with operations in all the key insurance markets. They are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and are headquartered in Sydney, with the main office in Europe in London. They employ more than 17,000 people in 38 countries.
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist in the monthly close process, including the monitoring of GSSC tasks, review of inputs/journals/ system feeds) and review of key financial outputs.
- Reconciliations between different source systems, helping to maintain a strong control framework.
- Understanding data flows through complex financial architecture and investigating/ resolving issues as they occur.
- Assist in the production of the monthly & quarterly management reports.
- Involvement in project work including the Brexit transition and an on-going finance transformation project.
- Experience of working for an Insurance Accounting team or alternatively within a top tier accountancy practice or FTSE 100 company.
- Newly qualified/ part qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACA or equivalent).
- Experience of working in a complex financial services environment.
- Strong financial accounting background and understanding.
- Familiarity with Oracle Fusion (General Ledger), TM1 and Hyperion desirable, as well as the online reconcilliation tool BlackLine a plus.
- Experienced MS Excel user (pivots, if statements, lookups and experience of working with large amounts of data).