West London, London
£250 - £275 per day
AF- FA - HAM_1547831901
3 months ago
What is the purpose of this role? Why does it exist?
This role will lead the monthly and annual financial reporting process across all markets, including tax compliance submissions. In addition this person will also act as a key business partner for several markets/functions. An ability to identify, prioritise and focus on critical tasks, working individually as a self-starter and also as a self-motivated team member.
Where will the new person sit in the organisation? Who will they report to, and what level is that person? Who will report to this new hire (if applicable)?
This role will be a direct report to the Head of Financial Control and the lead on all statutory/tax deadlines/submissions. This person will be one of the most senior accountants in the finance team and will have responsibility for co-ordination of all the statutory and tax processes across all markets, existing and new.
What are the core accountabilities of this role? For example, what decisions will they be able to make or influence?
- Monthly management reporting working to a tight deadline and holding the greater business accountable for their performance through thorough interrogation of results.
- Liaison with auditors across all markets and co-ordination of deliverables for year-end audit purposes.
- Managing auditors for existing markets and also new markets.
- GAAP knowledge and ability to stay abreast of changes to all relevant market standards including tax elements.
- Business Partner to key functions such as Fleet, member services, marketing (either direct or supporting).
- Continuous improvement across multiple markets, helping to identify any opportunities to streamline processes, timeframes and communication.
- Process improvement in the form of mapping out all market audit/tax submissions and driving performance to produce filing ready statutory accounts, with completed tax calculations, by June following the December year end. This is to be achieved through agreement of scope of work with auditors, agreeing timelines for fieldwork and deliverables, soft/hard close, ensuring that accounts are reviewed during year for financial audit readiness including monthly audit ready reconciliations, etc)
What authority or influence will they have over money, systems, budgets, expertise? What financial scope are they responsible for?
- Accounting processes and GAAP alignment
- Tax compliant accounting processes and practices
- Auditors and tax specialist's scope
- Timelines for audit/tax work and ensuring teams delivering to agreed deadlines
Education and professional qualifications
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA etc)
- 2-5 years PQE
- Experience at working across various GAAPs
- Experience handling 1-2 direct reports
- US GAAP
- Local GAAP
- Practice and industry experience
- Working experience with Oracle