City of London, London
£45000 - £50000 per annum
7 months ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Financial Accountant to join a leading media company in the heart of London.
The Financial Accountant will be responsible for a number of business units based in Europe, along with working closely with the Director to ensure that the accounting records for the various entities under their control are complete, accurate and prepared in accordance with the relevant local accounting standards.
The successful candidate should enjoy a fast-paced and evolving working environment. The Financial Accountant will perform necessary month end tasks, ensure balance sheet reconciliations are kept up to date and perform the year end close and the statutory audit process. Support of local tax audits is also necessary so the successful candidate will be expected to manage these to conclusion.
Office based role. Open plan environment, in a recently refurbished space.
- Assist in compiling the monthly management accounts - posting monthly journals relating to interest, tax and intercompany recharges.
- Conduct departmental cost analysis.
- Assist with VAT compliance.
- Assist with Corporation tax compliance and prepare tax computations on Alphatax software.
- Compile and provide initial analysis of the monthly P&L.
- Complete tax analysis reports.
- The development and maintenance of finance policies and procedures.
- To assist with audit deliverables.
- Extract and manipulate data from the group's trading platform for management information purposes and preparing the monthly import into the accounting system.
- To analyse and review the trading balance sheet for monthly changes and potential errors.
- To conduct reconciliations between third party statements, the trading platform and accounting system.
- To conduct reconciliations between client balances and the trading platform data.
- Finalist/Newly qualified ACA/ACCA accountant
- Experience with the preparation and audit of financial statements in UK and EMEA under local GAAP
- Experience of preparation of consolidated UK financials and local branch accounts in each jurisdiction
- Exposure to month end and year end close process in a commercial environment
- Experience with the following accounting software desirable; Peoplesoft and SAP
- Desire to learn and help lead change
- Resilient and capable of working to strict deadlines
- Adept communicator
- Ability to work autonomously and get things done in a timely manner
Salary: £45000 - £50000