£40000 - £60000 per annum + excellent bonus and package
5 months ago
A unique opportunity has arisen to join a rapidly growing "start up" real estate management business located in the heart of London.
Reporting into the CFO the role offers the incumbent direct exposure to an experienced and entrepreneurial team with over 45 years of collective experience of real estate investment, management and finance. Their aim is to build an exciting business where experience and skill are combined with values of enterprise, trust, doing the right thing and building relationships.
The role of Group Financial Accountant is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and dynamic finalist / qualified accountant to make their mark in an exciting and fast-paced environment. Candidates must be ambitious self-starters, have a keen eye for detail and above all, a thirst for knowledge. They want to build a team that people love be a part of and people want to do business with.
Responsibilities will include:
- Overall responsibility of group financial accounting and financial reporting - reporting to the CFO
- Help to shape the controls and processes of the finance function
- Appraisal and implementation of accounting system
- Liaising with Managing Agent & review of property level information
- Overall responsibility for the general ledger of the wider structure
- Maintenance of group intercompany schedule and intercompany interest workings
- Maintenance and control of c.10-20 Propco Holdco structures including bookkeeping, quarterly and statutory annual accounts
- Assist with group level monthly and quarterly reporting to Investors
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns for Propcos
- Co-Responsibility (with CFO) for the accounts payable function. Includes set up and processing of payments - in time to be managed by office manager
- Liaise with auditors for any bank required audits (Propco accounts)
- Liaise with external tax advisors for the preparation of year end corporation tax returns
- To help build out the team and, in time, to manage 2-3 staff as the portfolio grows
- Assist with bank debt covenant reporting
As the successful candidate you will be a finalist or qualified accountant with property/ real estate or construction industry exposure.