£40000 - £45000 per annum
20 days ago
To provide support and assist with all financial accounting processes from transaction level to final accounts and audit in accordance with Company policy and accounting procedures. This includes the accounting for and preparation of statutory accounts and group submissions for Corporate Accounting entities. Ensuring the accounting for these companies is compliant with appropriate GAAP and group policies.
Financial accounting and reporting
- Prepare month end accounting and journals for UK payroll, inpat/expat payrolls, share deal transactions and other receivables accounts
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations and allocations for payroll-related accounts, employee loans, bonus accruals and other receivables.
- Perform fixed asset register maintenance
- Prepare ONS reporting (monthly/quarterly/annually)
- Issue monthly intercompany recharges to BDT Finance Teams.
- Resolve queries and disputes with intercompany accountants.
- Perform intercompany reconciliations in Submission 1 in Cognos Controller
- Perform quarterly P&L reconciliation to ensure all recharge cost centres have been recovered
Tax and VAT
- Preparation of monthly UK and quarterly NL VAT submissions and interaction with group Tax to resolve discrepancies.
- Validation of P11D/PSA reporting submissions and resolving discrepancies with Group HR.
Banking and vendor payments
- Review, validate and post weekly payment runs for AGS and NonOp.
- Preparation of six-week cash forecasting to inform Treasury funding requirements.
- Assist external auditors, ensuring that relevant documentation and explanations are provided in an efficient and timely manner.
- Preparation of statutory accounts for less material entities.
- Assist in ensuring that the appropriate control environment exists with regards to all financial accounting processes and procedures.
- Continuously examine accounting processes to identify process improvement and rationalisation opportunities.
- Provide guidance to less senior team members responsible for accounts payable processes
- Contribute to and participate in group wide Corporate Projects not business as usual
- Ad hoc duties as required.
- Degree qualified and part-qualified in one of the professional Accounting bodies.
- Financial accounting and analytical skills, and knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP.
- SAP Accounting desirable.
- Cognos experience desirable.
- Microsoft Excel experience.
- Good interpersonal skills and adept at interacting with individuals at all levels in the organisation, ability to appreciate impact of costs on senders and receivers.
- Strong time management skills - ability to meet deadlines and work effectively under time pressure.
- Professional attitude.
- Team player.