City of London, London
15 days ago
Great opportunity to join a Financial Services business in the City to lead a team and contribute meaningful MI. The business have grown in recent years and expanded into different investment areas. This position takes responsibility for the finance team of one of their key areas/units. You will essentially take responsible for effectively managing a team of 6 to meet all financial reporting requirements and day-to-day financial control of fund entities.
The key duties are as follows:
- Acting as financial controller to ensure the team is meeting deadlines effectively from the purchase ledger to production of accounts.
- Responsible for managing the team to deliver timely and accurate year end statutory accounts for all entities.
- Management and development of a team of qualified and part-qualified accountants.
- Ensure all roles within team are clearly defined and business goals are communicated frequently;
- Complete annual appraisals and reviews.
- Assigning responsibilities within the team.
- Responsible for ensuring the delivery of timely and accurate periodic investor reporting statements
- Work with the team to streamline processes, eliminate dual processing and ensure best use of available systems and resources.
- Involvement in systems design and implementation.
- Setting controls and procedures within the team.
Alongside managing the team your business as usual responsibility is to provide value add management information. You will influence the wider decision-making and work closely with the Finance Director in providing analysis.
To apply you must be a qualified accountant with post qualified experience including leading and developing a team. You will have exceptional interpersonal skills to develop strong relationships across the business, both within and outside of Finance. A background in asset management is preferable but not essential.