£50000 - £55000 per annum
3 months ago
Our client, a prestigious International Bank are looking to recruit a Financial Crime Manager. As the Financial Crime Manager, you will be supporting the MLRO in relation to all financial crime matters including Anti-Money Laundering ("AML"), Due Diligence, Anti-Bribery Anti-Corruption ("ABC"), Fraud prevention and detection; and Sanctions.
Main responsibilities will include;
- You will provide support within the wider Financial Crime team which is responsible for: developing and maintaining policies and procedures in respect of AML, Due Diligence, ABC, Fraud prevention and detection; and Sanctions.
- Providing guidance to the business on JMLSG, FCA, UK Bribery Act, relevant Sanctions lists and any other applicable rules/guidance.
- Providing financial crime subject matter expertise and other support as required for the UK business and management.
- Keeping up to date with developments in Financial Crime regulation and industry best practice, and implementing changes where necessary.
- Approving Higher risk new accounts, providing guidance to and the KYC Team and Relationship Managers ("RM") on Higher risk clients
- Providing advice and guidance to the KYC Team and RM on specific enhanced due diligence requirements for Higher risk clients and complex cases.
- Performing enhanced due diligence where required (SPVs, PEPs, adverse media etc.)
- Providing advice to the Transaction Monitoring Team in relation to the referrals for Sanctions, PEPs and Adverse media.
- Understanding the reporting obligations and legal requirements in assigned jurisdictions to ensure submission of high quality SARs, including liaising with the Financial Intelligence Units (FIUs)
- Assisting the MLRO/DMLRO with responses to requests for information from the FCA or Law Enforcement Agencies (Production Orders etc.)
- Assisting the Compliance Monitoring team in their design and testing for financial crime related reviews.
- Assisting in ensuring that there is proper coordination with external auditors, local/Group internal auditors to ensure smooth delivery of duties/tasks and that exceptions raised are properly followed up.
- Managing follow-ups on corrective actions arising from the CMP and audit actions.
- Assisting the MLRO/DMLRO in the preparation of the annual report.
- Assisting the MLRO/DMLRO in the preparation of the Financial Crime Report to the FCA.
To be considered for this opportunity, ideal candidates must have the following experience/skills;
- Bachelor's Degree or other Professional Qualification in Management, Banking or Finance, preferably with certification in compliance, or AML.
- Relevant experience preferably with working experience in Banking sector, and good knowledge of both Personal and Corporate Investment Banking.
- Able to review, interpret and communicate and apply AML/CFT legal requirements in a commercial fashion
- Experience of dealing with international law enforcement/third parties
- Relevant experience in a Compliance or Audit role.
- Excellent demonstrable working knowledge of UK and EU banking regulation. Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Very strong written and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Proactive, with the ability to generate ideas, think creatively and develop innovative solutions.