City of London, London
£65000 - £72000 per annum
8 months ago
A Financial Services business that is different to most as they promote social and economic sustainability. They are very diverse and offer people the opportunity to progress in an established business with a structured career path.
Sitting in the FP&A team and reporting to a Director, the role leads the reporting and analysis of resource management looking at overall expenditure and staffing, procurement/ contracting issues and major expenditure costs that affect the different departments.
- Lead in depth analysis of specific resource issues, for example productivity analysis and cost structure trends
- Design and maintenance of staff reporting
- Analysis of staff costs and numbers to identify ongoing trends and issues to support the Director
- Lead the relationship with departments and identify potential approaches to reduce costs and/ or increase efficiency
- Lead the design and content of budget reporting including to senior management in monthly management reports and to the Board in quarterly performance reports
- Lead the design of accounting and other procedures and processes
- Ensuring consistency across regular reporting on staffing and expenses
- Design and deliver training for Budget Officers
- Recruiting, training and managing a staff member to effectively meet objectives
This role will interact with senior management on key expenditure issues such as staff costs, information costs and travel expenditure.
- Extensive experience in budget management issues
- Qualified accountant/ CFA qualified/ relevant Masters and/ or strong practical experience in Finance
- Knowledge of SAP and SAP Business Planning and Consolidation (BPC)
- Ability to work under high degree of independence, whilst ensuring appropriate checkpoints are in place
- Relationship management and strong influencing skills
- Strong drafting and presentation skills