£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
about 1 year ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a part qualified/finalist accountant to join a prestigious private equity firm as a Fund Controller.
The role is to support the Head of Finance in undertaking the accounting and administration of the funds, and provide support to team members as required.
The firm is currently undergoing acquisition of it's newest fund and therefore growth within the company is imminent. The successful candidate will be sharp, dynamic and driven, with strong attention to detail.
What you'll get involved in...
- Accurate and timely internal and investor reporting
- Management of Fund cash flow requirements
- Completion of year-end financial statements for Fund Limited Partnerships and Special Purpose Vehicles
- Participation in treasury and valuation functions as the role develops
- Preparation of month end financial packs
- Liaison with, and reporting to, the Fund's third party depository
- Preparation of Quarterly reports
- Administer draw down and distribution processes
- Undertake first review of semi-annual valuations
- Daily updating of accounting software
- Daily monitoring of bank accounts
- Managing the allocation of instruments for a range of private equity deals
- Arranging payments and transfers through the internet banking system as required
- Ensure a professional working relationship with Investor Relations, deal executives and Fund Investors
- Ad-hoc project work
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA part qualified/finalist accountant
- Degree level educated with strong academics
- Experience of daily accounting processes, within private equity is an advantage but not essential
- Sound knowledge of bookkeeping, accounting and valuation issues
- Ambition, drive and a willingness to understand and take ownership for key tasks within the fund management process
- Able to work to deadlines and at times under pressure