City of London, London
£110000 - £125000 per annum
3 months ago
Our client, a City based International Bank are looking to recruit an Operations General Manager to provide day to day general management oversight and directly supervise the Bank's Operations Function ensuring it is efficient and is reaching or exceeding the Bank's high customer service standards while always remaining compliant. You will also have oversight responsibility for Technology Services in the long term.
You will be a member of EXCO and other relevant Committees of the Bank and will be expected to own and carry out your responsibilities in those Committees. You'll be a relevant point of contact for all Regulators in the UK both on behalf of the CEO or Deputy CEO & Chief Operating Officer, and on their own behalf in so far as SMF 24 responsibilities are concerned with respect to both the Bank's Operations Function and the Technology Function.
Duties to include:
- Line management of the Head of Treasury Operations; Head of Credit Operations and Head of Trade Finance Operations and oversight of the activities of these respective departments
- You'll also have end to end oversight responsibilities over the Bank's Operations and Technology functions and will support the Deputy CEO & COO in this respect.
- Ensuring that systems and controls remain appropriate and fit for purpose, according to the department
- Ensuring that technical & operational procedures and business continuity plans are maintained regularly
- Support the Deputy CEO & COO in ensuring that performance levels are met
- Liaise with internal and external auditors and ensure that issues raised are dealt with.
- Assisting with the forecasting of operational budget costs for each department, monitor costs on an ongoing basis, and ensure that actual costs remain in line with budget.
- Produce reports for management committee meetings
- Manage change from a regulatory or product perspective
- Overseeing the professional development of direct reports.
- Attend as a member of EXCO and other relevant Committees of the Bank and carry out responsibilities in those Committees.
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates must meet the following criteria;
- Recent, relevant experience in managing operational departments with thorough knowledge of Banking operations end to end.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills together with the ability to oversee the framework for third parties / suppliers and outsourcing.
- Recent experience of implementing process change and managing projects.
- Experience to include but not limited to Trade Ops; Credit / Lending Operations; Treasury Operations; Payments Operations; Transaction Banking Operations and other elements of Corporate and Institutional Banking and Consumer Banking / Retail Banking Operations.
- A very thorough experience in managing day to day Technology Operations to support other aspects of the Bank's Operations and the Business overall
- Experience of relationship-building skills
- The ability to effectively engage with / present to EXCO and other stakeholders managing external and supplier relationships.
- Experience of providing advice and challenge to senior colleagues
- Experience of senior management or otherwise contributing to the strategic direction of a business Experience of managing and motivating a team
- Experience of keeping abreast of industry developments, regulatory developments, including Financial Crime