City of London, London
£80000 - £90000 per annum
4 months ago
Leading Bank based in Central London are seeking a German speaking Financial Controller. The London based team supports trade and investment flows between the UK, Europe and Asia. This role takes responsibility for mainly the UK and Germany. There are no direct reports in this role however, it is senior finance position.
You will ensure that all accounting tasks as well as regulatory reporting requirements, tax return data, financial information for annual statutory accounts are delivered in a timely, robust and sustainable manner. The opportunity includes financial and regulatory reporting tasks for Germany as well as for some finance activities for the wider European region.
You must speak Fluent German and be Qualified Accountant (or equivalent). Ideally you will have Financial Services experience but this is not essential.
Overview of the role:
- Ensure regulatory reporting compliance
- Prepare supporting documentation for tax advisor as required
- Prepare or provide accounting treatment advice
- Maintain oversight of journals and balance sheet reconciliations performed offshore
- Provide German GAAP financial information
- Prepare and manage Finance and tax-related components of internal and external audits
- including tax audits
- Build a cooperative and effective relationship
- with key internal and external stakeholders
- Lead the Regulatory Reporting Stream of work to deliver the agree outcomes
- Maintain all procedures relating to finance, regulatory reporting and tax for German/Frankfurt
The role supports and provides recommendations and advice in respect of regulatory reporting deliverables as to current and future implications for the organisation. You will also support broader Europe wide initiatives and you will ensure the team targets are aligned and achieved in Germany and London.
It is essential you speak fluent German and you are a Qualified Accountant (or equivalent) with relevant experience gained in a management role. Ideally you will have a Financial Services background that includes regulatory reporting.
You will have excellent planning, coordinating and prioritisation skills, strong initiative and proactive attitude to meet commitments and undertake additional responsibilities that add value. Sound knowledge of IFRS is also key.