£20000 - £25000 per annum + study support
5 months ago
Graduate - Accounts Assistant - Financial Services
A specialist investment company are looking to hire a recent vibrant university graduate to join their growing team. They offer a structured progression path within the company and therefore this role will suit an ambitious, outgoing individual with the passion to qualify as an accountant.
The business is expanding its investments and is therefore going through an extended period of rapid growth. The role will support the Finance team with ensuring a consistently smooth set of accounting functions.
This position will offer chances to get involved in preparation of trial balances, mentoring from an experienced Finance Manager and exposure to preparing the year-end financial statements. The Finance Manager has specified that candidates come with strong academics at degree level, and preferably hold some Accounts Assistant work experience and be a quick learner.
Key Responsibilities -
- Processing and posting of fund related invoices and payments.
- Perform balance sheet and bank reconciliations
- Assist with the collection of outstanding receivables
- Assist in the submission of monthly employee expenses and make reimbursements
- Timely preparation of VAT returns
- Assist in the preparation of year-end statutory financial statements
- Daily cash review to ensure sufficient cash required for payments
- Process and post commission related transactions
- Make bank deposits and keep records up to date
- Ensure timely filing of documents
- Check all financial transactions for accuracy and monitor
- Ad hoc IFA and HMRC queries
Other Duties -
- Prepare calculations for investor statements
- Aiding financial analysis to feed into decision support projects
- Other administration and filing
- Ad hoc project work
Skills required -
- Educated to degree level achieving 2:1 or above at a top tier University
- Strong A level results (A-C)
- Accounts Assistant work experience advantageous but not essential
- Experience in SUN advantageous
- Sociable personality - outgoing, confident communicator
- Ambitious, driven by a career in Accounting
- Flexibility in approach to managing own work load