City of London, London
£55000 - £60000 per annum
about 1 year ago
Based in Central London this is an opportunity to work in a well known Insurance business with offices globally. The role is a newly created position with high staff retention, the finance team work together collectively and offer a supportive culture.
As a Group Accountant you will work closely with the FC to cover a variety of tasks that will include the following responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly management accounts and reporting packs; including consolidated group financial statements
- Produce statutory accounts for the group and all subsidiaries
- Prepare and submit Group VAT, draft Corporation tax, and land tax returns on time and make payments as they fall due
- Identify opportunities to improve financial systems and processes to continuously improve the quality and efficiency of all group finance deliveries
- Group financial planning and budgeting process
You would also take a role in process improvements and other ad-hoc and project based work. This will include producing various ad hoc financial models and report presentations.
This is a key position in a well established finance function and you will be able to use your existing skills as well as learn and develop.
To be considered you must be a Qualified Accountant with experience in Insurance. Alternatively you can have Audit experience where your clients have been Insurance firms. The company offers excellent benefits, a good work life balance and a supportive team environment.