£50000 - £65000 per annum
2 months ago
Group Financial Accountant - Oil & Gas
A new opportunity has become available for a qualified Group Financial Accountant to join a leading Oil and Gas firm in London. They offer an exciting position with the opportunity to learn and progress within the company so an ambitious individual is a must.
- Preparation of the monthly consolidated reporting, ensuring adherence with guidelines, policies, and recommended accounting practice.
- Providing analysis and insight related to actual reported results.
- Administration of the financial consolidation system and monthly close activities.
- Calculating and posting consolidation journals in the consolidation system.
- Assist finance teams in resolving any technical accounting and process issues or queries and in ensuring the monthly consolidation is completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide guidance on technical accounting matters
- Coordination and preparation of the half year and year end results disclosures and financial statements.
- Liaise with the auditors to ensure smooth and efficient running of the interim and year end audits.
- Analysis related to one-off business transactions.
- Assist with group-wide finance projects as required.
- Co-ordinate the Group's global statutory accounts process.
- ACA/ACCA qualified Accountant
- Newly qualified - up to 2 years post qualified experience
- Strong IFRS
- Understanding the principles of effective financial systems including - processes and controls
- Strong data analysis skills
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and adept at interacting with individuals at all levels in the organisation.
- Strong time management skills - ability work collaboratively to meet deadlines and work effectively under time pressure.
- Proven stakeholder management skills in a multinational and multicultural environment
Salary: £50000 - £65000 dependant on experience