City of London, London
£80000 - £100000 per annum
3 months ago
Head of Finance for an Investment Bank based in the City. Must have banking experience with extensive financial instrument knowledge. Strong IFRS technical accounting and knowledge of treasury banking including Bonds/Hedging.
- Responsible for the team's completion, to strict deadlines, of IFRS-compliant financial statement disclosures subject to external audit.
- Leads a team of 4 full-time qualified accountants.
- Responsible for daily Treasury front office reporting of P&L and currency positions.
- Ensures relevant IFRS are reviewed by team; responsible for recommended course of action for consideration by Head of Financial Control or Controller, as appropriate.
- Reviews and approves accounting journals prepared by team.
- Ensures that the team's Internal Controls Framework is - and remains - appropriate and is understood and adhered to by staff.
- Liaises with senior internal and external auditors and responds to queries.
- Directly accountable for the engagement and effective overall management of staff including recruitment, compensation (as agreed with the Head of Department, if applicable), performance management, coaching and development.
- Educated to degree level
- Fully ACA qualified or equivalent
- Direct experience of accounting for/auditing a Treasury function in an organisation of comparable size and complexity
- Detailed knowledge of relevant IFRS standards, especially IFRS 9 including hedge accounting
- Strong grasp of Treasury functions, products and strategies
- Fluent English language skills, both verbal and written
- Experience in managing teams and developing staff
- Ability to organise, prioritise and delegate tasks effectively to meet deadlines
- Confident and articulate spokesperson for team with ability to influence
- Statutory financial accounts preparation and/or audit experience on financial accounts
- Strong numerical and financial skills with the ability to interpret financial information
- Strong computer skills with emphasis on Excel