City of London, London
£60000 - £70000 per annum + Bonus
12 months ago
KennedyPearce are currently recruiting a Head of Finance for TV production company based in London.
The finance department is currently made up of three people and is a very busy department. The Head of Finance role requires a candidate who has a real interest in finance, with a great attention to detail, someone who is happy to get involved at all levels, from covering purchase ledger to producing the annual stat accounts. A person who is able to develop effective relationships with people at all levels within and outside the business.
Managing the day to day operations of the finance department including a team of 2 accounts assistants
- Management of Purchase ledger, and supervision of the 2 accounts assistants to ensure purchase invoices are processed correctly and efficiently
- Supervise weekly BACS run, produced by the accounts assistants
- Weekly Credit Control, to ensure timely payment of invoices
- Cash Management/Treasury.
- Job reconciliations, working closely with producers and production managers to ensure jobs are reconciled at the right time.
- Monthly Intercompany recharges
- Management of month end close off to ensure all transactions have been completed prior to rolling the period forward. Reconciliation of the sales ledger and cash book to access.
- Bank Reconciliations
- Monthly Management Accounts for all entities
- Preparation of Fixed Asset schedule
- Overhead Forecasts, updating with actual figures monthly. Monitoring variances and updating divisional heads with any concerns on expenditure
- Quarterly VAT returns
- Artist Royalty Accounting and analysis of distribution income
- Production of Annual Statutory Accounts
- Audit Supervision and liaison with auditors
- R&D Tax credit analysis
- Animation Tax credit analysis
- Weekly Freelance Payroll
- Monthly staff Payroll including auto enrolment pensions
- Other Statutory reporting
This is a very hands on role and will need someone qualified. It is paying up to £70k pa.