Up to £400 per annum
9 months ago
Overall responsibility for:
- Production of management accounts, providing the monthly results and related information on the group.
- Annual financial statements including consolidated accounts.
- Preparing a number of regulatory returns.
- Tax reporting, including VAT and Corporation Tax
- To manage day-to-day processes, including production of the monthly Management Accounting pack.This pack should contain sufficient information and explanation for management to understand the numbers recorded and the trends contained therein.
- The maintenance of the financial books and balance sheet controls.
- Work closely with the Finance Assistant responsible for accounts payable, expenses and reconciliations.
- Timely production and distribution of all statutory financial reporting, including management of the audit process.
- Monthly checks on payroll and pension contributions.
- Assist in preparation of budgets and monitoring the performance against the expected results.
- Where appropriate, consider system developments and recommend improvements.
- Provide support to the COO, Deputy CFO and other senior staff as required.
- Provide cover to other members of Finance team (Deputy CFO and Finance Assistant) as required.
- Engage in ad-hoc project work, as required
- A qualified Accountant with experience in a similar role, or Manager level experience within the Accountancy profession.
- A good understanding of audit, either as a preparer of financial statements or as an auditor.
- The ability to prioritise and deliver procedural changes.
- Numerate and analytical and good at presenting information.
- Attention to detail and deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Microsoft Excel skills essential. Experience of Sage or other similar accounting systems desirable.