West London, London
Up to £0.00 per annum
3 months ago
Head of Human Resources
Department: HR Team
Travel: Travel is required
Location: West London
British, family owned business operating across circa 60 bars throughout the UK and the Republic of Ireland. The business is now a customer centric institution employing over 450 staff across the UK and Ireland.
Our HR team currently consists of a Payroll Manager, HR Assistant and yourself! You will report into the MD and have great level of influence around business objectives and driving the people agenda.
Our support function consists of about 20 employees where the bulk of our 450 strong family are spread over 50 sites across the UK and 11 sites in the Republic of Ireland.
As the Head of Human Resources, you will lead the UK HR team in a culturally diverse, multi-unit retail operations environment and provide consistent, solid judgement to identify, prioritize, resource and measure HR related projects.
The role is responsible for implementation, compliance and oversight in the following areas: Payroll and Benefits, Training and Development, Employee Relations, Recruitment, Health and Safety, Legal Compliance and Organizational Development.
This is a hands-on, collaborative position in a service-driven team environment and requires business partnership with multiple store operations and support teams including Finance, Marketing, Purchasing and Technology.
Day to Day
- Oversee and direct all aspects of HR and the store based HR group for the UK and Ireland.
- Oversee and support the Employee Relations issues for the business;
- Oversee and support all aspects of recruitment at store and regional level
- Oversee and support the Training team on the development of training programmes at all levels of the business, including new hire induction, monthly mandatory training and employee development programmes.
- Oversee and support the Payroll Supervisor and all UK / EIRE payroll processing, including partnering with payroll operations and external third-party vendors.
- Ensures Regional legal compliance in all aspects of recruitment, payroll, benefits and health and safety.
- Coordinate the delivery of existing benefits and communicate and educate at store level.
- Work with internal and external partner to support stores with Health and Safety/Food and Safety compliance.
- Partner with Finance on compensation (hourly wage and salary) administration for the Region, on an annual mandatory and ad hoc basis, including the annual review process..
- Lead the annual appraisal process for the UK senior leadership group (communicating processes, documentation, deadlines and compensation guidelines), plus to oversee the annual appraisal process at store level and for Office non-leadership, directing the HR group through the process.
- Be an active member and participant in the UK leadership group.
- Develop and mentor members of the HR team to grow their individual careers and for the benefit of all UK Team Members and the business.
- Work on ad hoc HR projects as directed by senor leadership.
- Fulfil general administration task necessary for the role.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Head HR experience supporting multi-unit and/or 500+ population (Retail, food service and hospitality experience a plus).
- Full or part CIPD or equivalent
- Operational HR experience including recruitment, payroll, training, employee relations, benefits and compensation in the retail, hospitality sector.
- Broad understanding of all HR generalist and payroll functions, with the ability to act as a resource of expertise and advice in all areas of HR to both UK internal business partners, and external partners.
- Strong understanding of the UK employment laws and the UK employment market, and the ability to apply to company polices.
- Strong understanding, resonance and desire to uphold each of our CORE VALUES particularly employee engagement
- Ability to research, assess, implement and main HR processes and systems.
- Ability to ensure legal compliance in all areas of the HR function within the business.
- Shows initiative and demonstrates a stellar follow-up with communications, tasks and project management with developed judgement and decision-making skills.
- Skilled in conflict resolution.
- Demonstrates ability within a Learning and Development capacity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates ability to maintain confidentiality and maturity in handling sensitive information and situations.
- Proven delegation skills.
- Demonstrates ability to drive and deliver results at an advance level.
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task, and the ability to prioritise many projects at one time.
- Well organised and uses time management effectively, with the ability to adhere to deadlines.
- Demonstrates flexibility and open-minded approach.
- Takes a creative and analytical approach to problem-solving.
Keen to speak with all IMMEDIATELY AVAILABLE candidates who have worked within Retail & FMCG previously.