City of London, London
£120000 - £150000 per annum
12 days ago
Our client, a prestigious International Bank based in the City of London are looking to recruit a Head of Middle Office. This is a brand new headcount/position for our client and will give the incumbent the opportunity to make the position their own and play an important part in the future growth of the business. You will be expected to drive significant improvements in efficiency while providing quality service to the Front Office teams to allow them to focus on origination and relationship management.
Day to day management of the pre & post credit and KYC support teams within the MO and ensuring that there is critical mass of quality resource to support all identified activities.
Main responsibilities will include;
- Responsibility for the creation and management of the bank's newly formed Middle Office function.
- Credit limit application development with RM
- Deal structuring in conjunction with Relationship Managers:
- Pricing & tenor
- Heads of Terms
- Drawdown management (initial and on-going)
- Deal booking (in conjunction with Operations)
- New business
- Lifetime Management
- Vessel tracking
- Security valuations
- Annual credit review (with RM)
- KYC (RM remains accountable for Financial Crime Risk)
- Periodic review
- Trigger reviews
- Reporting & MI management
- MI/KPI development
- Department dashboards
- Portfolio performance
- Develop training plans with HR for staff
- Technology selection and implementation.
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates must have the following experience and skills;
- University degree
- Experience in Middle Office and/or service management within a financial institution. Ideally with a strong Credit
- Track record of managing complex multi-disciplinary teams.
- Very strong conceptual, analytical judgment and communication abilities are critical.
- Previous leadership, management and supervisory experience.
- People management, team leadership and project management skills and experience.