City of London, London
£35000 - £39000 per annum + Benefits
SH - H&S_1625650906
29 days ago
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Health and Safety Manager in an enthusiastic team, with a portfolio of 22 businesses. Our client is an internationally award winning, workspace provider and are one of the longest running in the sector.
The successful candidate will be dealing with the day-to-day management of the client's portfolio, responsible for all aspects of Health and Safety for employees, clients, and stakeholders. Reviewing building risk assessments, managing emergency procedures, developing staff training processes and writing company Health and safety policies. You will monitor and promote H&S within the business and dealing with suppliers, managing agents and clients every day.
- First point of contact for Centre Managers, central services, suppliers, managing agents and clients, providing H&S advice, and resolving H&S issues
- Instruct, review, and attend building risk assessments (including GRA, FRA and WRA) and action any outstanding controls.
- Develop and deliver training to company staff including display screen equipment, manual handling, fire safety, COSHH and work equipment or machinery.
- Develop company policies and procedures including Health & Safety Policy, building site files, safe working procedures and permit to work systems.
- Undertake regular site audits identifying areas of concern and escalating actions accordingly.
- Periodically review latest legislation ensuring the company meets all legislative requirements.
- Ensure 3rd party supplier selection process and contract content reflects legislative and business requirements.
- Build and maintain relationships with Environmental Health Officers, Fire Inspectors, and clients on H&S matters.
- Carry out maternity, health, and young person risk assessments.
- Accident and investigation management and reporting.
- Oversee company accreditation management including ISO, SafeContractor, CHAS etc.
- Manage purchase orders and approval of H&S related invoices against PO's and contracts.
- Manage H&S system (Elogbooks) ensuring site records are up to date.
- IOSH membership and qualification.
- IWFM preferred but not necessary.
- Minimum 2 years H&S Management experience in commercial buildings.
- Experience managing H&S policies, processes, budgets and interpreting supplier contracts.
- Knowledge of building services and systems including life safety systems.
- Proficient in MS Office and Elogbooks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Flexibility to travel to sites as and when required.
- Occasional irregular hours if required to meet business needs or in case of emergency.