City of London, London
£550 - £650 per day
11 months ago
Maternity leave role as an Audit Manager for a large Insurance business. You will be responsible for leading and/or assisting in corporate investigations, and ad-hoc special projects of various business units. Working for a large and international organisation this position will evaluate, formulate and carry out appropriate testing strategies to establish the facts behind allegations of fraud, misconduct or other wrong-doings within the company. You will also be responsible for evaluating the adequacy of the business unit's overall control environment in both design and application.
Whilst primarily based in the Central London office, the Audit Manager will be required to complete audits and projects within the UK and Worldwide at short notice. Last year overseas travel was required twice.
Leading investigation projects and audit assignments to evaluate and develop appropriate response plan to gather and gain an understanding of the facts behind allegations in order to report to the Internal Audit Director of Investigations:
- Evaluation of the allegations/ notifications received to categorise within the appropriate response plan.
- Development of an audit approach and testing strategy for assigned investigation project to capture the facts behind the matter being investigated.
- Coordinating and participating in the completion of appropriate investigation test procedures.
- Analysing the root cause of the allegations or fraud and identifying any internal control deficiencies.
- Recommend improvements, rectifications or enhancements to internal controls in order to address the root causes.
- Communicating investigations findings
- Providing review and approval of work paper documentation
- Responsibility for completion and delivery of projects to time and budget
- Providing the necessary supervision to assigned audit staff or co-source working on the investigation projects.
- Preparing the draft reports for the Director of investigations
- As required, working as a global resource, participating in audit assignments as required in any location.
- As required, provide input into infrastructure initiatives within the department e.g. templates, audit manual and methodologies.
- Maintain and enhance the stakeholder relationships with key global business management. Ensure communications to senior management are transparent, clear and appropriate.
You must be a Qualified Accountant ideally with an ACA/CA Qualification and years of experience in Internal Audit either as a contractor or permanent employee. You need a general knowledge of and experience in financial services and experience of managing assignment teams to successful delivery. A solid knowledge and understanding of Risk Based Internal Auditing standards and techniques as well as general accounting methods, principles and practices.
Your interpersonal skills will be exceptional to interface with senior management within the company. Having gravitas and maturity to make oral and written presentations to senior management throughout and at the conclusion of the project by discussing process and control deficiencies, recommending corrective actions and other suggestions for improvements in operational controls to mitigate risk and/or reductions in costs.