City of London, London
£28000 - £33000 per annum
14 days ago
Internal Audit - Banking
A boutique bank in Mayfair are looking to hire an Internal Auditor join their team. They offer an exciting position with the opportunity to learn and progress within the company.
The Internal Auditor is to provide reliable, valued assurance to the senior management and in so doing enhancing the controls culture within the organisation.
The Head of Finance has specified that the successful candidate will come with 1 - 2 years working within audit and from a Banking background. You will have a good understanding of banking operations and business risks, and be actively studying towards an accountancy or audit qualification.
- Conduct audit for all the business areas and report outcomes to the Head of Department
- Assist in identifying the activities and controls that mitigate risks and where appropriate testing their effectiveness
- Present findings in a clear manner in well structured and lucid audit reports
- Assist in completing audit work as scheduled in the Internal Audit Annual Plan
- Assist in preparing high quality audit reports and documentation
- Monitoring and review of system logs
- Ad hoc project work
- 1 - 2 years audit experience within banking
- Actively studying towards ACCA/CIMA
- Familiarity with FCA/PRA regulations
- Confident personality and have strong oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong Excel ability
- Ambitious, driven by a career in Accounting
- Flexibility in approach to managing own work load