£30000 - £35000 per annum
7 months ago
Investment Management firm based in the West End are looking to recruit an Investment Operations Analyst to join a rapidly expanding team. As a member of the Investment Operations team, this role requires daily collaboration with internal & external stakeholder, including operations along with external service providers (e.g., custodians, banks, investment managers) to assist in performing daily Position and cash reconciliations across client portfolios.
The responsibilities of the individual in this position include:
- Performing daily and monthly reconciliation of investment portfolios with PB/custodian banks
- Investigating and resolving exceptions between internal records and various external custodians and administrators.
- Assisting Senior Analysts and Investment teams in resolving any specific queries
- Assisting Senior Analysts in managing and taking accountability for assigned project work through to completion ensuring that deadlines are met and risks are managed.
- Liaising with external vendors and administrators on BAU requirements
- Collating and verifying key data to ensure internal core data is valid and accurate
The successful candidate will have extensive demonstrable skills and experiences including the following:
- Previous experience in portfolio reconciliation and analysis tasks
- Good understanding on PnL calculations
- Good understanding of Front to Back Trade lifecycle processes
- Good understanding of Corporate actions and portfolio accounting
- Previous investment operations experience within a Back Office or Middle Office of Asset Management Firm or Buy side is preferred
- Good knowledge of a range of asset classes, such as Equity, Fixed Income, Collectives and Derivatives
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, with advanced working knowledge of Excel
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent
Experience working in an investment management, custody or fund administration environment is preferred, but not essential