£45000.00 - £50000 per annum
28 days ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a team player to join our Financial Services Client during a period of significant growth. We are looking for an experienced IT Database Analyst to work within the dedicated IT Systems team in Northwich.
About the role
The role will be responsible for managing and administering the Oracle and SQL Server databases including the Windows and Linux platforms they are running on.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that the Bank's databases are managed and administered efficiently.
* Manage the underlying Windows and Linux database platforms to improve database efficiency and minimise downtime.
* Contribute to the development, testing and implementation of software, systems and enhancements to the Bank's databases and core processing systems and platforms.
* Provide third-line support for system issues and queries.
* Define and recommend technical solutions for projects and contribute to strategic planning activities, conducting research and acting as technical lead.
* Produce quality documentation including proposals and reports on a variety of technical matters.
Skills/Experience We are looking for someone with:
* Experience of database management and administration including underlying operating system platforms.
* Change management experience, able to plan and co-ordinate complex IT change activities including liaison with business staff.
* Experience of creating and executing rigorous system test plans.
* Logical thinker with strong ability to problem solve.
* Management and administration of Oracle 11G and above databases.
* Experience of upgrades between Oracle database versions.
* Experience of database licence compliance.
* Microsoft SQL Server knowledge preferable.
* Management and administration of underlying Windows Server and Linux operating system platforms.