City of London, London
7 months ago
The purpose of this role is to support the senior legal counsel in advising and supporting a wide range of legal matters across the global ICE Data Services business units, with a special emphasis on commercial licensing transactions and strategic agreements.
This is a hands on role where you will be responsible for executing on a variety of work including review and negotiation of complex commercial licensing and strategic contractual arrangements including for data and software licenses, service agreements, market data licenses, financial product licenses, redistribution arrangements, and data vendor contracts; creation of form templates; working closely with the business to determine efficient and consistent contracting processes; providing some legal support to Marketing, Finance, HR and product development departments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Draft, review and negotiate various agreements for ICE Data Services globally (primarily customer agreements and data sourcing agreement
- Assist in the preparation of external requests for information (RFI's and RFP's),
- Perform a legal review of ICE Data marketing materials (in EMEA)
- Help identify risk implications of business strategies and plans
- Ensure that advice provided is consistent with the relevant regulatory requirements and ICE policies
- Liaise with ICE business areas and providing advice and assistance as requirements might arise.
- Collaborate closely with business, sales and product teams in the context of commercial negotiations.
- To be an enthusiastic and professional member of the legal department.
Knowledge and Experience
- Newly qualified +
- Experience in the commercial licensing transactions at a financial services or financial data/technology company preferred however experience in commercial contracting is a must.
- Ability to work effectively in frequently changing working environments.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and clients and work in a fast-paced environment
- Desire and ability to learn business requirements quickly, analyze legal and business risks and propose creative, business-oriented solutions.