City of London, London
£75000 - £85000 per annum
7 months ago
City based International Bank are looking to recruit a Head of Legal/Legal Counsel to support the Executive Directors i.e. the Chief Executive Officer and the Deputy Chief Executive Officer & Chief Operating officer on all matters in relation to legal. You'll also support the EXCO and Head of Department in all legal matters and activities in relation to the bank.
In this role you will be a lawyer partnering with senior management of the Bank by providing pro-active legal advice and support, as well as ensuring that legal risk is effectively managed. This role will include extensive contract work as well as advising on RFPs and tenders. You will be expected to liaise with our customers as required and their internal and external counsel. This role will be varied and as a member of a small legal team you will also work with our external lawyers in supporting the wider business, working on projects and advising on diverse areas such as competition laws, financial crime and regulatory matters
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates must have the following experience & skills;
- A strong preference for a common law qualified lawyer.
- 3-5+ PQE with a good background in high quality private practice.
- Experience of having worked in an international environment, either in private practice or in-house.
- Very strong background in broad commercial banking.
- Specialist experience into derivatives, trade finance, risk, contracts, regulatory affairs, commodities and structured funding is valued.
- Experience advising senior management on changes in laws and regulations.
- Ability to evaluate impacts based on changes in law/regulations and develop company response.
- Experience developing and executing appropriate solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to collaborate inside and outside the legal department
- Ability to take an active role in the education, mentoring and training of less experienced team members
- Excellent project management skills