City of London, London
£40000 - £45000 per annum + study support
14 days ago
Management Accountant - Finalist
An exciting opportunity has become available for a finalist level Management Accountant to join a leading property firm in the City of London. They offer an exciting position with the opportunity to learn and progress within the company so an ambitious individual is a pre-requisite.
The accounting areas that the candidate will be working on could include Stock & WIP, Fixed Asset's, Cash and banking and accruals/provisions.
The Head of Finance has specified that the candidate comes with great attention to detail and is nearly at the final stages of their ACCA/CIMA. The position offers the potential to progress through to Senior Management Accountant and eventually Financial Controller.
Reporting into the Senior Management Accountant and Financial Controller, the candidate will:
- Assist with the preparation and timely production of monthly management accounts
- Take responsibility for a variety of balance sheet / P&L areas
- Prepare board papers and sales & management packs
- Review the accuracy and completeness of payment runs
- Production of internal VAT return
- Become involved in a variety of ad-hoc work.
- Degree level educated (2:1 and above) with strong academics at secondary level
- Actively studying towards ACCA/CIMA with 1 or two exams remaining
- 2+ years accounting experience
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and generate solutions
- Team player, willing to learn and get involved with a wide range of tasks
- Motivated with a positive 'can do' attitude
- Socialable and organised