City of London, London
£33000 - £37000 per annum + Study + Benefits
9 months ago
Looking to work for one of the world's largest brands in media? We are actively recruiting a Management Accountant to join the growing team in London.
The position covers a range of accounting functions, providing the successful candidate with the opportunity to gain core financial accounting experience whilst developing management accounting and analytical skills.
The successful candidate will report to the Head of Management Accounts with close contact with the Managing Editor and Publisher of one of our major titles. This role would be ideal for a candidate seeking to complete accounting studies and develop a career with a major publishing company.
- Prepare accurate management accounts for two of the company's profit centres ensuring that best practice accounting policies are followed
- Liaise with management on a regular basis to support them in understanding the financial performance of their title.
- Prepare accurate accounts for three of the company's head office functions, providing financial support to department management.
- Provide timely and accurate management support and analysis, identifying key issues including deviations from annual and quarterly plan and recommending remedial action where necessary.
- Monitor and reconcile a number of balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Responsibility for three or four cross-title charges, for example, prepayments, car leases, postage costs, photocopiers.
- Work as part of management accounts team to ensure accuracy and timeliness of all company management reporting.
- Provide financial and business expertise to other ad-hoc projects
- Opportunity for involvement in forecasting work
- A first or 2:1 degree.
- Part Qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA, with 1st time exam passes
- 2 years relevant accounting experience
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills and a pro-active approach to challenges
This role is paying up to £37k + Study & Benefits