City of London, London
£50000 - £60000 per annum
12 months ago
Ideal position if you have experience for a small to medium sized Financial Services firm and you are looking to progress. This is a varied and broad Management Accounting opportunity based in the City. You will work closely with the Financial Controller and be responsible for ensuring timely and accurate delivery of month end reporting and preparation of the monthly management pack. You will also proactively drive forward improvements to the budgeting and monthly reporting processes and actively assist in commercial projects in the business. This role has been created due to a promotion, you will be well supported and be developed over time.
The responsibilities of the role are to complete the following tasks:
- Maintain strong balance sheet control through monthly reconciliation of the entire balance sheet;
- Prepare monthly management accounts for review by senior management;
- Work with the Financial Controller to ensure that the management accounts continue to develop and address the reporting needs of the Board and other senior managers.
- Assist in writing the commentary for the monthly management accounts;
- Assist in the design and implementation of a global budgetary process;
- Take care of accounting entries including payroll;
- Take care of the sales process and provide aid to the purchase ledger;
- Produce cash books on the daily basis;
- Prepare and analyse variance analysis reports to aid cost control initiatives;
- Assist and prepare monthly VAT returns for review and submission;
- Support the Group Audit process including preparation of year end file;
- Assist the Financial Controller in business analysis and forecasting business performance;
- Initiate and implement control processes to better manage the Finance function
- Assist in the implementation of procurement processes to ensure better financial control;
- Assist in preparing consolidated financial information for the Company;
- Provide cover for daily P&L production and other daily reporting tasks;
- Ensure all the reporting is consistent both from a financial and a presentation perspective;
- Identify and deliver ad-hoc projects that will benefit the Company; and
- Maintain awareness of industry best practices and commercial finance opportunities and ensure that any additional best practice ideas are communicated to the Financial Controller.
You must have gained management accounting experience in a small to medium sized financial services firm. You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills with a proactive attitude. You will need to demonstrate you can use initiative and add value by challenging existing processes and making efficiency's. You must be QUALIFIED in ACA, ACCA or CIMA and have the relevant experience from a small practice and/or Financial Services.