City of London, London
4 months ago
Job Title: Manager, Finance
Reporting To: Director, Finance
As Manager, Finance you will direct part of the company's financial planning and analysis group facilitating the annual budget process and monthly forecasting efforts. Additionally you will be responsible for monthly reporting and providing key analysis supporting and improving the company's business. This is a "hands on role" based in London. This position reports to the Director of Finance supporting the Data Services business unit.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and facilitate the annual budget process, monthly financial forecasts and business plan preparation for applicable sub-units of the ICE Data Services business
- Create the revenue forecasting for these sub-units of ICE Data Services by developing & maintaining complex revenue models reflecting multiple criteria & assumptions
- Liaise very closely with business leaders in the Sales & Product functions in order to ensure that their assumptions are properly reflected in the revenue forecast
- Provide support to business leaders in all aspects of the revenue forecast to as required including ad hoc analysis & explanations
- Liaise very closely with the wider Finance planning group and Accounting team in order to ensure the revenue forecasts reflect up-to-date information derived from the actual results
- Create regular management reporting packages with analysis of key performance metrics
- Conduct financial analysis of potential new products, business ventures, pricing strategies, and other strategic opportunities as required
- Perform variance analysis and prepare variance analysis explaining differences from forecast and budget
- Contribute to reports and presentations for ICE Data Services management team and senior Finance management including forecast support documentation presented to the ICE CFO.
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor's/Master's degree/ MBA in relevant Finance-related field (Financial Planning & Analysis, Accounting) or an equivalent field of study/ and or demonstrable equivalent experience
- Very strong Excel skills including the ability to manage the manipulation and analysis of very large amounts of data with ease; ability to use the key reference & analysis functions in Excel with confidence (pivot tables, look-up functions etc.) and to present Excel results clearly & concisely to non-Finance colleagues
- Strong analytical, communication and presentation skills to enable candidate to deal confidently with senior management
- Must work well in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Demonstrated initiative strong organization skills, and teamwork orientation are necessary.