£50000 - £55000 per annum + bonus
15 days ago
Newly Qualified - FinTech
Fast growing U.K. based consumer lending company seeks driven newly qualified accountant to join their team. The role will support the Financial Controller and CFO as well as mentor the Financial Analyst. The Company is a disruptive FinTech experiencing hyper-growth and has excellent investors, strong software heritage and existing funding.
The Company seeks a team player and an initiative taker with strong day to day financial reporting skills and experience of handling financing relationships. The candidate will ideally have experience with technology-oriented companies and be comfortable working in an Agile environment.
The company is in the unsecured consumer lending space seeking to disintermediate the incumbents in our market through improved tools driving higher accept rates and better portfolio performance. [Familiarity with FCA regulation is helpful along with experience mitigating risk in consumer lending.]
The company is in the process of overhauling its financial and technical infrastructure so experience with replacing and upgrading legacy systems, processes and reporting would be a positive.
- Assist with the preparation of accurate, timely financial information for shareholders and lenders
- Monitor main KPI's and recommend proactive measures to improve
- Work on budgeting process and its improvement
- Monitor FCA compliance issues involving the company and affecting the industry
- Manage periodic audits, including those conducted on behalf of the lenders. Investigate and implement their findings and recommendations
- Participate in the transformation of the company's financial processes and systems including new financial reporting systems and tools to analyse pricing and loan portfolio performance
- Handle day to day contact with our lenders. Manage covenants, draw down requests, monitor category concentration
- Forecast cash requirements and monitor sources
- Assist on projects to raise new capital
- Qualified ACCA/ACA from a top ten accountancy practice strongly preferred
- Financial reporting experience ideally with banking or financing
- Sociable personality - outgoing, confident communicator
- Self-motivated and able to work to strict deadlines
- Flexibility in approach to managing own work load