£50000 - £60000 per annum
13 days ago
Exciting opportunity to work for a leading multi-strategy Asset Manager based in the West End of London. As an Operations Analyst you will have responsibility for the control and deliverables relating to our client's loan business units. The role will include provision of trade support functions, understanding and resolving issues relating to the loan trading and investment portfolio, reconciliation with external service providers and counterparties, servicing the Front Office trading team and assisting in delivery of associated deliverables. This role will report to the Manager of the loans team, within the Operations team.
Main responsibilities will include;
- Undertaking day to day trade support for the loans business across various managed platforms
- Managing the trade flow and lifecycle activities in order to ensure trades are settled and accounted for in a timely and accurate manner.
- Work closely with the Front Office trading teams to manage corporate event processes (consents, amend & extends etc.) through the completion of relevant documentation.
- Maintaining the creation of new securities and trade static to ensure the accurate recording of all trades and positions
- Promptly resolve all reconciliation breaks allocated to the individual raised in the daily cash and position exception process
- Responsibility for ensuring the firm's internal loan trade support procedure documents are up to date
- Coordination with internal infrastructure teams particularly product control, margin, risk and front office.
- Coordination with external parties such as Fund administrators, Trustees, loan agents and counterparties
- Understanding the system flows in order to resolve issues and enhance controls and processes
- Participation in projects to enhance the delivery of business and firm objectives
To be considered for this position, ideal candidates must of the following experience and skills;
- A high degree of numeracy and attention to detail
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills to be able to network, influence and interact with a range of colleagues
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to be proactive and work autonomously
- A flexible approach to work both in terms of time management and dealing with priorities
- An ability to work efficiently as an individual in addition to contributing positively to team objectives
- Experience in a middle office role(operations, product control, finance) at a bank or hedge fund or an operational background but with some product and finance knowledge
- High level of enthusiasm and a willingness to learn
Additionally, the following skills and experience are considered desirable for this role:
- Possess relevant industry experience in loan settlements and trade support
- Working knowledge of the loan closing process and Clearpar