£30000 - £40000 per annum + Holiday, bonus
4 months ago
Our client, a privately owned brokerage based in the heart of the City are looking to recruit an Operations Assistant to join their expanding London office. The incumbent will be responsible for processing all trades in an efficient and timely manner. To confirm that all trades are reconciled against all agents and that any queries are dealt with in an efficiently and accurately. The Operations assistant is to assist the head of Operations in other regulatory issues where required.
Core Responsibilities will include;
- To ensure the orderly clearing of trades are processed in a timely fashion, taking into account primarily the regulatory, client and company needs.
- To act with professionalism and integrity.
- To follow certain detailed daily checks to help clear trades.
- To contribute to the knowledge base within the team, including documentation.
- To maintain and develop relations with core service providers (including exchanges) and key client contacts (Clearing counterparts with various clients).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- To process correctly, all T & T+1 business across all exchanges.
- To monitor all Given/GiveUp activity and allocate trades where needed, correctly and timely.
- Must be aware of market clearing deadlines and be able to proactively resolve possible overnight trade defaults
- To reconcile daily volumes traded, using a wide variety of tools and services, and report any issues, or potential issues to management.
- Have a sound understanding of business & client cash flow.
- Have sound, strong knowledge of contract expiry.
- Must be able to fluently understand and manage the contract delivery processes, including, but not limited to: Cash settlements, Options exercise/assignment. Analyst must have risk acumen when assessing and managing expiries.
- Ensure all front, middle & back office systems are maintained, and relevant flow issues are corrected promptly. This includes client, contract and market data.
- Ensure timely communication of clearing issues to the Supervisor/Manager.
- Contribute to personal and team knowledge base, and be able to present improvements & benefitting knowledge in regular team meetings.
- Submission of regulatory reporting on a timely basis.
- Reconciling T+1 cleared business between Exchanges, Third Party brokers and internal booking system;
- Settling and exercising of held stocks using internal system on T+1;
- Rectifying T+1 breaks on all markets liaising with front, middle and back offices worldwide in a timely fashion;
- Supporting management where applicable with system implementation, enhancing straight-through process and automation;
- To call / pay funds to exchanges and Third Party clearing brokers;
- To perform daily exchange fee reconciliations across all markets to ensure GHF and underlying clients are charged at correct rates;
- Maintain static within internal booking system including accruals and applying correct Fee/Commission rates;
- Perform Start of Day position check matching front end platforms versus client statements
- Reconciling Brokerage and execution business;
- Monitor nominal accrual accounts ensuring cross revenue control Maintain relationships with back office system providers; and
- Maintain relationships with exchanges and Third Party Clearers.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in Operations role
- Moderate to advanced excel and access skills.
- Ability to adapt systems knowledge, and be able to learn new systems in a short time period.
- Excellent presentation skills in order to present clearly, any ideas or improvements.
- Able to manage and organise work independently
- Maintain effective oral and written communication.
- Qualifications / Training in relevant Exchanges / Systems.