Up to £29000.00 per annum
2 months ago
My Client a well-established International Bank based in the West End are looking for a Payments Administrator to join their busy team. Successful candidates will have strong payment processing experience, including strong SWIFT knowledge, 18 months experience within a similar role and working knowledge of FX, BACS, Faster Payments and Euro Clearing.
As a Payments Administrator you will be responsible for:
- Processing and verification of MT199 and MT202 on a daily basis
- Monitoring all payments queue to ensure that all messages are processed in a timely manner
- Ensuring that all incoming and outgoing remittances are processed accurately and in a timely fashion
- Inputting multicurrency payments via swift and banking software Finacle
- Daily reconciliation of all bank accounts to ensure that all outstanding unmarked transactions are marked off the same day.
- Support Operations with Account opening/closing/amendment etc.
- Coordinate with Treasury in providing necessary MIS regarding the In and outflow of payments for them to be able to manage adequate funding of NOSTRO / VOSTRO accounts
- Assist in reconcile all incoming and outgoing messages between SWIFT and Finacle to ensure that all transactions have been completed in both systems.
- Monitor both Finacle and SWIFT system for errors and do necessary repairs to complete the transaction
- Assist in coordinating and sharing information with GHO OPS on payments needing repair to increase STP rates.
- Coordinate with compliance unit on issues relating to handling payments blocked in Payment Screening System
As a Payments Administrator you will need:
- 18 months experience within Banking Industry
- Must have knowledge of SWIFT message types
- Working knowledge of FX, BACS, Faster Payments and Euro Clearing
- Must have good understanding of back-office Banking Operations
- Proficient in Excel (Advanced Level Desirable)
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and ability to prioritise work
- Exceptional time management skills with the ability to thrive whilst working under pressure
- Accurate organized individual, flexible and happy to undertake any task in support of the team members and thus the client
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Should have a positive "can do" attitude combined with a flexible approach to the tasks required