£28000 - £32000 per annum
2 months ago
Prestigious International Bank are looking to hire a Payments Advisor for a 6 month Fixed Term Contract. You will report into the Team Lead-Funds Transfer and the Head of Trade Finance & Settlement Operations, you will be responsible for your assigned role and will be required to demonstrate the following:
- Ability to multi-task and maintain poise under pressure
- Prioritise tasks and resources so as to maximise efficiency and cost
- Attention to detail
- Awareness of the importance of Customer satisfaction, operational efficiency and profitability of the bank.
- Awareness of Anti Money Laundering and sanctions policies (essential)
- In-depth knowledge of SWIFT (MT199, MT202, MT103)
- Approve payment inputs to ensure accuracy
Main responsibilities will include the following;
- Ensure effective and efficient processing of transfers.
- Ensure AML checks are carried out on all Payments.
- Constantly monitor queues on systems to ensure no outstanding
- Respond to queries and other enquiries on transfers and payments
Funds Transfer and Payments are part of the operations of the Trade Finance team as such flexibility is required of all team member to position as a cover for other role within the team. The following other duties may be assigned from time to time when the need arise.
- Processing of inward and outward documentary collections
- Advising and amending of L/Cs.
- Settlement on LCs and Collections
To be considered for this position, Ideal candidates must have the following experience and skills;
- Previous payment experience in the banking sector (essential)
- Knowledge of SWIFT payment messaging (essential)
- Excellent customer service skills (desirable)
- Strong analytical skills