£35000.00 - £40000 per annum
23 days ago
As a Principle Compliance officer you will be responsible for:
- Assisting in maintaining and promoting a compliance culture appropriate to meeting regulatory requirements and in line with industry best practice.
- Assisting in maintaining and reviewing the internal Compliance Manual and associated staff guidance.
- Assisting in maintaining and reviewing the internal AML Handbook and associated staff guidance
- Keeping abreast of developments in relevant laws, regulations and guidelines.
- Providing advice to staff on compliance issues which arise on a day to day basis.
- Assisting in carrying out compliance monitoring programme and report results of testing and details of any other significant compliance issues which emerge.
- Assisting in maintaining logs of breaches and complaints and investigate them as required, reporting to the FCA and liaising with the Financial Service Ombudsman.
- Assisting in the completion and submission of regulatory returns in accordance with the specified timescales for so doing.
- Checking Compliance with the Bank's AML due diligence procedures for account opening and periodic reviews.
- Performing effective monitoring of transactions to highlight those requiring investigation and escalation in accordance with the Bank's procedure.
- Receiving and to investigate fully reports from staff concerning money laundering suspicions and actual or attempted fraud.
- Preparing disclosure reports to NCA, as and when required.
- Assisting with responses to requests for documentation and other requirements contained in court orders.
- Assisting with the completion of periodic compliance checks.
- To ensure that changes to Terms and Conditions, Standard Tariff and interest rates paid to depositors are monitored and processed in accordance with the requirements of the Conduct of Business regulations, rules and guidance and that appropriate checklists are fully completed and retained.
- Completion of due diligence reviews of new prospective customers and periodic reviews of existing customers promptly.
- Completion of daily transaction monitoring reviews with the appropriate queries (including OFAC screening exceptions) and regular follow-up of outstanding queries.
- Reviewing and updating as necessary the Bank's Policy, as allocated by the Associate Director, Compliance
- Assisting in the development of the annual Compliance Plan.
- Assisting in completion of relevant sections of quarterly Compliance Reports
- Assisting in the update of the Bank's Risk-Based Approach to AML Policy
As a Principle Compliance officer you will need:
- Minimum education level - First Degree or FS Industry Professional Qualifications, or
- Good educational background. Possibly studying for a recognised banking or compliance qualification.
- 1-2 year experience within banking compliance
- You must act with integrity
- You must act with due skill, care and diligence
- You must be open and cooperative with the FCA, the PRA and other regulators
- You must pay due regard to the interests of customers and treat them fairly
- You must observe proper standards of market conduct